New TVs, BBQs & Coffee Machines
Visit our display homes and scan the QR code to win!
Terms & Conditions
1. Terms & Conditions for Display Home Giveaway
a. Information on how to enter forms part of the Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
b. The promoter is Ownit Homes Pty Ltd (ABN 63 009 873 581) of 1933 Logan Road, Upper Mt Gravatt QLD 4122 (telephone 07 3343 4244) (Promoter).
a. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia on the date stated. Subject to the above conditions, the promotion commences 10:00 AEST on 15 February 2021 and closes at 17:00 AEST on 30 April 2021 (Promotion Period).
3. Eligibility to qualify for the promotion
a. Entry is open only to Australian residents 18+ (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
4. Entry into the promotion
a. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period;
- Visit an Ownit Homes display home (opening days and times vary per location and are subject to change).
- Scan the QR code available only from inside the sales office of an Ownit Homes display home and complete the competition entry form (including full name, build location, valid email address, postal address and telephone number), thereby accepting the Terms and Conditions of the promotion.
b. One entry per person is permitted by Eligible Entrants to this promotion.
c. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries or correspondence due to incorrect entrant information.
d. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
e. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or any entry submitted not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
f. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or take any other action, including to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion subject to any direction given under the relevant State/Territory permit regulations.
g. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or suspend or modify a prize.
5. Drawing of entries
a. A random drawer will take place at 12:00 (AEST) on Tuesday 4 May 2021 at the offices of Ownit Homes Pty Ltd (ABN 63 009 873 581) at 1933 Logan Road, Upper Mt Gravatt QLD 4122.
b. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
c. If neither a phone number or email address is supplied or they are incorrect, then the winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be drawn immediately. The Promoters may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
6. The prize
a. There will be 10 prizes, valued at AU$2,381 (ex GST) in total. The prizes are;
- 2 x Nespresso Lattissima Touch Coffee Makers
- 2 x 50” UHD Android TVs
- 1 x Beefeater BUGG BBQs with Stand
- The prizes are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Prizes will be draw in descending order of value.
b. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
c. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
7. Notification of the winners
a. The winners will be notified by email and by email and/or telephone within 2 working days after the draw.
8. Right of the Promoter to redraw
a. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion Terms and Conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at Monday 7 June 2021, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Tuesday 8 June 2021 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners will be notified by email and/or by telephone within 2 working days after the draw.
9. Limitation of liability and variation of terms
a. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
b. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these Terms and Conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
c. The exclusion of liability in clause 9 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these Terms and Conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
10. Entry details and privacy
a. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. All entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (in the event that they are a winner) (inc. photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited time without notice or remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition.
11. Tax Implications
a. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.